Welcome to MadlyOrganic blog Page! A unique insight into the latest updates in the health and wellness world. Follow our articles to learn not only about what’s trending in health focused foods and powerful nutrition packing supplements, but also what current wellness topics our family and friends are talking about today. MadlyOrganic wants to bring health closer to your home!
Image 1 of 1
Superfood Detox: After the Sugar Rush
Posted by: James Oh
October can defintely be considered the "quiet before the storm" when it comes to the Holiday Season and the tremendous amount of foods we love looking forward to sharing with our loved ones. But as we all learn through our long journey of trying to find the perfect balance when it comes to the foods we eat for pleasure and the foods we eat for fueling our bodies, we all need a detox period where we can techincally "heal" and restore our bodies to its optimal health. So here at FoodHotIssue NYC we decided to talk about what has been declared as the BEST Superfood by the United Nations: Spirulina.
- Enery Booster: Containing high concentraions of complete B vitamins, vitamin E and vitamin K, as well as higher levels of protein compared to poultry, this mega superfood helps boost and maintain both mental and physical endurance. Can also be consumed before and duirng workouts due to it's high levels of nitric oxide
- Boosts Immunity: Promotoes cell regeneration or, helping the cells within our body heal and recover quicker. Spirulina can be taken as a preventative supplement to help the body fight against colds and the flu.
- Cardiovascular and Eye Health: Rich in Vitamin A, a vital nutrient for healthy eyes, and found to have 10 times more the concentration compared to carrots! Linolenic acid, found in Omega-3 supplements, are also found in high concentrations and known to aid in maintaining a healthy blood circulation.
- Weight Management: Helps the body eliminate waste, by reducing stress on the digestive system with high levels of healthy bacteria. Controls appetite and cravings as well.
- Natural Detox: Spirulina contains high levels of chlorophyll, a powerful detoxifying agent that helps remove toxins from the blood. A perfect antioxidant having four times more the potency compared to blueberries
- Benefits for Women: Gamma-linolenic acid, a powerful anti-inflammatory agent can help ease symptons of PMS. Naturally strengthens skin, hair, nails, and bones.
Image 1 of 1
No Tricks, Just Treats
Posted by: Lorraine Arteaga
Once we are into late October, you can already feel the excitement building for the most awaited holiday by our kids; Halloween! As a parent you know this means getting to the costume store before the only things left are puppies and kitten costumes and not your child’s favorite cartoon character from their favorite movie or show. I mean, Frozen has pretty much dominated the Holiday with little adorable Elsas, Annas and Olafs running everywhere, we can’t handle the cuteness!
But let’s not forget the other main attraction, the candy! It’s the one time a year the sugar overload is overlooked and parents let their kids enjoy the season. However, many parents now have an additional concern, food allergies. With so many alternative treats to hand out at your doorstep, with the right resources, we can ensure that this Halloween can be fun and exciting for all kids!
So let’s start with an incredibly useful list of Halloween treat alternatives that will keep the neighborhood children coming back to your door! If you are interested in still keeping the tradition of handing out treats, but still want to be on the safer sides, our snack bundles cater to 9 different dietary restrictions. Our best seller during this time of year is the Nut-Free Snack bundle, with nuts and tree nuts being the most prevalent and dangerous food allergy, we have worked towards creating a bundle containing the best there is to offer when it comes to nut-free snacks.
The Food Allergy Research and Education organization started the now widely popular #TealPumpkinProject, where families can place decorated teal pumpkins at their front doors to let parents and children know they have non-food treats or allergy safe treats to distribute. One treat we are especially proud of to have in our inventory is the Don’t Go Nuts snack bars, in flavors like Extreme Brownie with White Chocolate tracks and S’more Crunch with S’more White Chocolate. Increasing food allergy awareness can help ensure our kids can enjoy the sweetness of Halloween without worry!
Image 1 of 1
Anti-Aging Neo-Cell Collagen article
Posted by: James
Here at Food Hot Issue, we have noticed a spiked interest in the women’s skin care supplements market. With more and more millennials taking interest in a more natural approach we thought it would be a perfect time to talk about one of the best kept secrets in the natural beauty care world: collagen.
Collagen is a structural protein that maintains strength and flexibility throughout the body. The peptides Type 1&3 specifically support the collagen that is found in skin, hair, nails, muscles, tendons, ligaments and bones. Most supplements optimize the body’s absorption rate of collagen by adding Vitamin C, a complimenting supplement.
Known most commonly as “the anti-aging protein”, here are the most sought after results from the regular consumption of collagen:
- Minimizes fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves skins elasticity
- Repairs damaged nail beds
- Slows down hair loss
- Improves hairs elasticity
- Helps build lean muscles that burns fat while you sleep
The most common question asked is, what is the difference between collagen Type 1 & 3 versus collagen Type 2? The protein composing nineteen of the amino acids responsible for the growth and maintenance of the body’s skin and muscle is found in Types 1 & 3. Taking these two Types together simply boost effectiveness of the collagen during the day. Type 2 collagen is recommended to be taken at night for better absorption.
Visit our Vitamins section on our website to experience the benefits of this popular beauty supplement at incredibly wallet-friendly prices
Image 1 of 1
Vegan/Gluten free October Recipe
Posted by: Lorraine Arteaga
As the winter months start rolling in, foodies everywhere start rejoicing at the endless recipes meant to nurture your mind body and soul on a cold night. We are all about comfort food here but we are all about healthier alternatives too!
You can imagine how excited we got when we tried a recipe for Creamy Vegan Mac & Cheese made with butternut squash and sweet potatoes!
Health Benefits of Butter Nut Squash:
- Contains High levels of Vitamin A, Potassium, and Fiber and more magnesium than a banana!
- Beta-carotene, powerful antioxidant, helps in the prevention of asthma
- Low calorie index • 0 grams of fat , 1.8 grams of protein ( 1 cooked cup)
- Contains daily recommended levels of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Vitamin B6
- Decreases the risk of obesity, diabetes and heart disease
- Contributes to a healthy skin complexion
- Healthier hair • Increases energy
- Weight management
- Boosts immune system
Half of a butternut squash
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup of diced yellow onions
- Minced garlic
- Ground paprika
- Salt ( use to liking)
- ½ cup of vegetable broth
- Your choice of ground pepper
- I cup of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce, to taste
- And of course, your choice of gluten free pasta, preferably penne style
- First place pasta to boil until al dente. Then, fill a large pot 2/3 full with water on high heat. Add squash and sweet potato, then boil until veggies are fork tender, then drain.
- Place a sauté pan over medium heat, adding olive oil when hot
- Add onions then cook until soft and later adding garlic, and spices of your choice
- Remove from heat
- In a blender, pour in the veggie broth, sautéed onions, coconut milk, squash/sweet potatoes, and soy sauce to taste.
- Blend until smooth and then pour over pasta!